6/08/2010

Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin Sewing Machine 74 Stich

Cheap Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin Sewing Machine 74 Stich Review




I rediscovered my sewing bug and bought this one after the Kenmore brand-- which really is Janome, but for Sears-- was recommended by a friend (seamstress & instructor).

Price -
I bought this for 0+tax from Sears and it is now on sale for 0+tax.

Weight -
It's not too heavy. I've got Xena strength, but my scrawny friend could carry it easily. Plus it has a nifty handle.

The Manual -
This is VERY easy to read. I had to read it because I forgot a lot of basics, plus my other (non-working) machine is a Brother so I needed to learn the mechanics of this one.

The Controls -
Seriously, this machine makes it so that you don't have any problems. You pick your stitch and the displays show recommended settings for stitch width and length. You change the tension based on fabric. For most things, 4 (or 3) is fine.

Odd Fabrics -
This machine handles stretch and denim fabrics like a champ! I haven't tried quilting with it yet, but the reviews I read on other sites have given it a thumbs up.

Overall, I am glad I bought this model over Kenmore's earlier model since I intend to use this not just for clothing and costumes, but for decorative pieces that might require heavier fabric. As is stands, I've made a few belly dancing costume pieces with no problems at all. I'm very pleased!






Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin Sewing Machine 74 Stich Overview


Ideal for quilting. Features blanket stitch capability. Ergonomically designed to simplify and streamline sewing tasks for user comfort. Includes accessory set and electronic control.Create a wide variety of sewing projects - This machine has 74 stitch functions and 21 built-in utility, stretch and decorative stitchesEasily sew quilts and applique items - The adjustable blanket stitch produces a perfect finish every timeEffortlessly and smoothly feed fabrics of all weights - The 4-position pressure foot tension adjustment also provides extra maneuverability on curvesProduce superior stitch quality on any fabric - The 7-piece feed dog system accommodates all fabrics from tricot to several layers of denimSew professional looking garments - Built-in 1-step automatic system creates perfect buttonholes every timeEasily handles fabrics of any thickness - The 3-position extra-high pressure foot lifter and heavy duty machine construction handles extra thick fabrics smoothly without jammingSewing and quilting are accurate and effortless - The machine features a built-in quilting scale and dual seam guides in both inches and mm



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Jun 09, 2010 00:00:05

No comments:

Post a Comment